- Saute 1/4 onion first in coconut oil and sherry for a bit; a couple minutes
- Next, add two handfuls chantrelles (or any mushroom you have around) chopped & saute a few minutes
- Add tsp Tamari, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 3 tbsp Spelt flour and 1 tbsp nutritional yeast.
MAKING BROTH TO ADD TO MUSHROOM DELIGHT
- Add 1 tsp “Rapunzel Vegetable Broth” that comes in a GLASS jar into 1 C hot water. The glass container has no PALM OIL (NOT the cubes which contain palm oil) We have a kettle which makes it easy.
- Slowly add broth to mushroom and flour mixture, 1/4 C at a time to prevent lumps.
- Keep stirring until it thickens.
You have now made the Mushroom Delight Gravy. Pat yourself on the back.
HEATING UP THE CARBS
Heat up some brown rice from your fridge in a saucepan with a wee bit of water, or you can boil water in a pot, put a steam basket inside it, add rice and steam it. You can also put mushroom delight on top of brown rice, or whole grain pasta. You know how to make that!
*Always keep brown rice in your fridge.* I make a batch once every week and a half and store in a glass container in the refrigerator. Making brown rice: I use golden rose medium, I pour in 8 C of rice into a large pot, and then I pour 6 C filtered water in the pot, add TBSP of salt, bring to boil. (no, i don’t wash the rice first, because then I cannot measure exactly how much water goes in. I buy bulk from a food co-op, and figure boiling will clean it) Boil for 5 minutes. Cover. Lower heat to one above the lowest. Leave the rice alone for about 20 minutes. Uncover. If the water is mostly gone, stir, recover, and turn off. It should be ready and fluffy in about 15 more minutes.
PREPARING TO EAT
Put brown rice (or whole grain noodles or pasta OR mashed potatoes, OR a holiday field roast) on plate, top with chantrelle mushroom delight. Serve with a green vegetable. We lightly steamed broccoli. Enjoy!!
*If you are cooking for four, double the recipe! If you are cooking for six, triple the recipe. If you are cooking for eight, quadruple the recipe!