I double dog dare you to make this…..
- 3/4 -1 Cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate morsels (fair trade) depending how chocolatey you want it.
- 2 Cups evaporated cane juice or vegan sugar
- 2/3 Cup soy milk (I used unsweetened, and you can try a different nutmilk, but I cannot guarantee that will be as good as mine!)
- 2 Tbsp Brown Rice syrup organic
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter (SEE RECIPE BELOW FOR THE BEST NON DAIRY BUTTER EVER)
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Tsp of oil for greasing pan or pie plate (I used organic expeller pressed sunflower oil)
- optional – 3/4 chopped raw, unpasteurized almonds, (all in U.S. are pasteurized, unless specifically stated that they are imported, usually from Italy)
Mix everything together EXCEPT butter and vanilla. Cook on Medium, stirring occasionally until you hit 234°. Remove saucepan from heat. Let cool to 130° WITHOUT STIRRING (this makes a difference!). Once mixture hits 130°, add vegan butter, vanilla, and any other ingredients you want, such as 3/4 cup of almonds chopped as I did. Stir, and in a minute or so the mixture begins to lose the glossy finish. Immediately pour into flat 9″ greased pan, round or square. I used a pie plate. Once mixture is a big ball in the pan, use your clean hands to spread out, and to flatten. Put in fridge, cool, and cut into small squares, and store in a container in your fridge. ENJOY!!
VEGAN BUTTER – for ALL uses; topping, baking, cooking and spreading
- 3/4 + 2 Tbsp UNSWEETENED soymilk.
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider vinegar organic and or raw
- 1 1/8 Tsp fine salt
- 1 3/4 + 3 tbsp melted Coconut oil, raw (or refined for no coconut flavor)
- 3 Tbsp sunflower organic expeller pressed oil, or other oil that is light, of your choice
- 2 Tbsp +3/4 Tsp soy lecithin granules
- 3/4 Tsp xantham gum
- 1/4 Tsp turmeric
Put the apple cider vinegar in the soymilk, with the salt, and then stir a few good times, and let sit for 10 minutes. Warm the coconut oil in the container in a pot with very hot water for about 5 minutes. Add the other ingredients (not the milk mixture) to a large food processor. Ten minutes later, add the milk, apple cider vinegar and salt mixture after ten minutes to the food processor. Blend on high for 2 minutes. Pour into glass container, cover and put in freezer for 30 minutes. Then remove and place in the refrigerator. Ready to use after a few hours, but best if you wait overnight. I like to make it at night so I can use it next day. This recipe came has been adapted by veganbaking.net, but I added turmeric to help add the yellow color, as well as anti-inflammatory properties, and I made the recipe larger, as I like to have butter around for baking, and other things. My recipe is 3 X theirs, and will just about fill a 4 cup pyrex container.